HUMAN SERVICES SPECIALIST
Housing Authority of the City of Arlington
THIS POSITION WILL CLOSE ON 11/4/2020.
SALARY: 48,671.00 - 60,839.00 Salary USD
Under general direction provides assessment and non-clinical counseling to families receiving housing assistance; facilitates training for participants in personal development; coordinates community outreach efforts with community resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assess needs, counsel and coordinate participant services.
2. Communicate with low-income, special needs populations and identify and refer them to various community resources.
3. Organize and facilitate activities planned to enhance the psycho-social development of participants and to accomplish program goals and objectives.
4. Interpret Federal guidelines and regulations and to ensure compliance.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
5. Utilize Housing Authority software to process rental subsidies. Requires specific training in HUD regulations and requirements.
6. Assess the strengths and weaknesses of existing programs.
7. Perform related duties as needed or directed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Knowledge of social service agencies and their functions as they relate to low-income families.
Knowledge of counseling theories.
Work independently to meet program goals.
Prepare reports and to respond to government audits as required.
Maintain accurate client records.
Communicate orally and in writing as well as give presentations to a group.
Motivating and encouraging change for the benefit of the participant.
Obtain knowledge of pertinent local and federal regulations governing various the Housing Programs.
Qualifying Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Sociology or a related field with emphasis in counseling and guidance or work/education equivalent experience. Must successfully pass pre-employment Criminal Background Check.
Please apply at https://cityofarlington.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=cityofarlington