1035 Osage Street
Denver, Colorado 80204
Colorado Relay TDD 1-800-659-2656
Currently accepting applications for: Staff Attorney
Salary Range: $67,665.82/year negotiable based on education and experience
Opening Date: August 31, 2020 Closing Date: Continuous or until filled
The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. As one of the largest landlords in the State of Colorado, DHA’s mission is to serve the residents of Denver by developing, owning, and operating safe, decent and affordable housing in a manner that promotes thriving communities.
Performs legal work in the prosecution and defense of forcible entry and detainer cases in municipal, district and appellate courts, negotiates and drafts basic contracts, leases, deeds, licenses and other legal documents. Provides training and counsel to DHA staff in the Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Departments.
- Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
- Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
- 11 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
- Health insurance, dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance and 125 Plan.
- Group life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance.
- 401(a) pension plan (Employer contribution equal to 10% of the annual salary)
- 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
- Performance based merit increases and annual adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
- Graduation from accredited school of law with attainment of a J.D. degree.
- Valid Colorado driver license and good driving record must be maintained in accordance with personnel policy.
- One (1) year experience related to real estate, employment and/or contract law.
- Admission by the Supreme Court of the State of Colorado to practice law in the State of Colorado at the time of application and in good standing with the State Bar of Colorado
Equal Opportunity: Denver Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Submit a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Submit a resume of all educational and professional experience.
You may submit your credentials in one of the following ways: