Under the general direction of the Director of Affordable Housing, is responsible for the management and operations of the agency housing properties; duties include but not limited to department staff performance, program compliance, budgets and revenue and performs other related work as required.
MDHA offers competitive salaries and an amazing retirement program. Our Mission is to create affordable housing opportunities, support neighborhoods, strengthen communities and help build a greater Nashville.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES:
Bachelor's degree in business administration, real estate, finance or a related field and seven (7) years of multi-family property management experience including three (3) years of experience at the leadership level.
Candidates with accreditation earned in foreign institutes are encouraged to apply
- Monitor physical and financial operations of each property including occupancy, delinquency, marketing and maintenance;
- hire, train, supervise and direct staff according to the agency personnel policy;
- review and approve the Sr. Asset Manager's recommendation for each site's budgets, monitor frequently to ensure profitability and take action when necessary;
- monitor program compliance for LIHTC, PBRA, HOME, and other housing programs; manage the compliance team to ensure timeframes are met;
- approve vendor payments in P2P, for each property, and monitor system weekly to ensure that vendors are paid timely without additional late fees;
- insure compliance with performance of HUD assessment systems (TRACS, EIV);
- conduct TRACS reconciliations for properties with voucher errors;
- assign EIV, TRACS, CIC, and pinnacle approval to all employees;
- review and ensure occupancy goals are met and work with area property managers to create programs to increase the marketability of each property;
- conduct quality control reviews each site’s leasing process to insure the integrity and compliance with rental policies; notify the compliance team when there are findings;
- insure compliance with Federal, State and local laws;
- monitor the compliance team's review of each site’s annual re-certification schedule and ensure the team adheres to HUD's compliance standards;
- manage the new employee training program;
- approve training and other required certification programs for employees;
- prepare SMART goals for affordable housing staff;
- work closely with the compliance team when they prepare for MOR's evaluations by HUD staff or HUD's contract vendors;
- perform quality assurance reviews on 10% of the mock MOR's and move-ins packages approved by the compliance team;
- manage affordable housing senior staff, conduct meetings, review policy and procedure, and recommend updates when necessary;
- conduct bi-annual and/or annual evaluation for all senior staff;
- meet with the Director of Affordable Housing weekly to address planning, evaluation discussions, quality control results, staff assignments or reassignments, difficult employees, termination recommendations, FMLA and LWOP status of employees, financial profitability of properties, MOR's results, HUD updates, etc.;
- conduct rent comparability review analysis for properties seeking rent increases under the HUD's mark to market option;
- Comply with safety rules and regulations;
- assist in the reporting in the Yardi system;
- other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Solid organizational skills with attention to detail; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead, ability to multi-task, ability to make quality decisions; ability to make plans—short and long-term; ability to analyze and resolve problems; excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to establish working relationship with low-income residents, social service partners and governmental officials.
Knowledge of Federal Low Income Housing, Tax Credit, and other HUD programs; direct, coordinate, manage and motivate staff; knowledge of management, general accounting, budget management and procurement policies and procedures; manage budgets, oversee facility maintenance and supervise the work of others; ability to meet deadlines and goals; ability to create complex reports and adapt to change.
Must have the willingness, mental and physical ability to perform the duties involved in this classification. Ability to perform work with or without an accommodation that requires sitting, standing, and walking, dexterity of hands and clarity of vision, speech and hearing and powers of observation; other physical duties as required.
Manage purchases and comply with procurement, knowledge and ability to manage the financial and revenue programs for affordable housing programs in compliance federal financial rules and regulations.
General office equipment, personal computer and automobile.
Direct and coordinate the work assignments of all senior staff, office support staff
LICENSE(S)/ Certification REQUIRED
Valid Tennessee driver's license. COS, CFS, CMM, MORs HOME, LIHTC, TRACS
THE METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING AGENCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND HIRES REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, AGE, RELIGION, AND DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.
Apply at www.Nashville-MDHA.org. To complete the application process, all applicants are required to submit an application, resume and complete the screening questions. The Human Resources Office will notify those applicants who are selected for personal interviews. Applicants selected for a position must successfully pass a pre-hire physical examination and drug screen in order to be hired. MDHA is certified by the State of Tennessee as a Drug-Free Workplace