1035 Osage Street
Denver, Colorado 80204
Colorado Relay TDD: 1-800-659-2656
Assistant to the Executive Director
The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. As one of the largest landlords in the State of Colorado, DHA’s mission is to serve the residents of Denver by developing, owning, and operating safe, decent and affordable housing in a manner that promotes thriving communities.
Provides administrative and management support for the Executive Director, Executive Department, and Board of Commissioners (“Board”). Coordinates and oversees a variety of administrative and department functions to ensure that the Executive Department functions efficiently and professionally. Maintains a positive public image, and is responsive to clients, constituents and employees. Serves as the primary assistant to the Executive Director.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
- Associates Degree.
- Five (5) years’ experience in an administrative position.
- A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
- Valid Colorado driver license. Eligibility to drive must be maintained in accordance with the Personnel Policy.
- Ability to accurately type 55 wpm and to operate a personal computer with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010.
- Knowledge of Executive Department operations.
- Knowledge of on-going housing programs, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles of management and organization.
- Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
- Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
- 11 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
- Health insurance and 125 Plan.
- Group life insurance, pension plan (10% of annual salary contributed by DHA), short term and long term disability insurance are paid by DHA.
- Dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
- Performance based merit increases and cost of living adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
- by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
- by emailing your application and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Recruitment will remain open until filled.