Reporting to the Executive Director and an integral member of OCHA’s executive team, the AED serves as the Authority’s lead subject matter expert and advisor for public housing property management as well as oversees the technical services and housing choice voucher programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out policies and directives for the three departments and will be vital in OCHA’s transformation from a traditional public housing authority to an affordable housing provider. The AED will be an experienced leader in the fields of property management, facilities operations, or related industries. They will have demonstrated and extensive team management experience in challenging public and/or private sectors.
Initially the AED will work with the existing staffing pattern understanding its function within the Authority. The middle of the work will be spent transforming the Authority from a traditional PHA to a developer/provider/manager/maintainer of affordable housing. The transformation will involve the Authority’s instrumentality CEC. At the completion of the work, the candidate will have helped OCHA and CEC develop a staff that is capable of continuing the transformation process, understanding of the action steps to transform and is “willing and excited” to move the authority toward a provider of affordable housing.
The candidate will be an effective communicator and a results-oriented problem solver who leads diverse management and technical teams.
- Lead the public housing, housing choice voucher, and technical services departments, ensuring that operations is executed in accordance with the established OCHA policies and procedures, and HUD regulations;
- Develop, implement, and monitor financial reports and key performance indicators; identify trends and isolate outliers that should be addressed with targeted strategies;
- Solicit feedback from the leadership team to identify gaps and propose corrective action plans, including mechanisms to evaluate progress;
- Lead and participate in internal and external meetings including with regulatory agency staff, elected officials, residents and other key stakeholders;
- Assists the Executive Director with preparation of action, consent and information items for presentation to the Board of Commissioners. Coordinates and implements policies for development and operation as approved by the Board;
- Prepares and approves correspondence of a complex nature. Requires technical competence in the preparation of agenda items including formal resolutions, a broad knowledge of source materials, and the ability to advise officials of the appropriateness of proposed actions;
- Maintains an awareness of and provides input as appropriate for state and federal legislation affecting low-income housing programs for citizens of Oklahoma City;
- Works closely with the AED overseeing the RAD transformation to ensure a smooth conversion of OCHA’s properties;
- Lead the change management process within the public housing program to guarantee residents and employees voices are heard and ideas are considered as the Authority is transitioned to an affordable housing provider;
- Utilize personal knowledge and conduct remote training and hands on teaching in order to train OCHA staff on all aspects of being an affordable housing provider including budgeting, asset management, tenancy administration, and operations;
- Spearhead and participate in special projects as needed;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should apply electronically by submitting a cover letter and resume through OCHA’s Paycom System located on OCHA’s webpage: https://www.ochanet.org/central_offices/employment/
Only candidates scheduled for interviews will be contacted. Submission of an application is not a guarantee that you will receive an interview.