Currently accepting applications for: Customer Service Support Intern (Part-Time, Temporary) - Seola Gardens (Seattle)
$17.17 - $19.43 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 07/15/21
CLOSING DATE: 07/28/21 04:30 PM
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization, is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. KCHA provides innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest housing provider in the county, and annually, the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals.
We transform lives through housing.
The Customer Service Support internship is an ideal opportunity for a Housing Authority resident, student or recent graduate that has a passion for social work and providing support in the public sector. This internship will offer an opportunity to acquire hands-on experience by supporting diverse populations through positive customer service and administrative support. We are currently recruiting to fill multiple vacancies through this process.
Typical job duties may include:
- Provide polite customer service to residents, staff and the community.
- Answer phones and direct callers to appropriate staff or department; answer basic questions.
- Perform routine filing, scanning and proofreading documents.
- Word processing, data entry, spreadsheet preparation, run reports, enter and look up information in databases.
- Operate standard office equipment, such as a personal computer, telephone, fax machine, copier, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Recent High School graduate OR
- Current student or recent graduate from a college/university program in Business, Social Work, or related field.
- Clerical and/or customer service experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic experience with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to place a high priority on professional excellence; manage stress appropriately.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, keeping track of information or work in progress, ensuring accuracy, multi-tasking, attention to detail, time management skills, and handling interruptions appropriately.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment exhibiting a strong work ethic and accountability in completing work.
- Work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and educationally diverse populations; values diversity; treats other with respect.
- Consent to and pass required assessments.
- Consent to and pass criminal records background check.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. The incumbent frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment. Considerable filing and copying functions may require relevant physical demands.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.