1035 Osage Street
Denver, Colorado 80204
CO Relay TDD 800-659-2656
Full-Time Position Announcement
Director of Communications and Public Affairs
The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (“DHA”) seeks an experienced leader to manage DHA’s communications through public affairs, digital and social media platforms as well as acts as the liaison to government agencies.
Who We Are
DHA is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. As one of the largest landlords in the State of Colorado, DHA’s mission is to serve the residents of Denver by developing, owning, and operating safe, decent and affordable housing in a manner that promotes thriving communities.
Under direction of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for managing strategic and operational communications planning and implementation for agency communications through public affairs, digital, and social media platforms. The position also serves as an agency liaison to local, state, and national governmental agencies. It receives and coordinates responses to media inquiries on behalf of the agency.
- Accrued paid sick leave (6 hours per month) and vacation leave (8 hours per month for new hires).
- 11 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
- Health insurance, 125 Plan, dental plan, critical illness, accident and vision insurance.
- Group life insurance, short term and long term disability paid by DHA.
- 401(a) pension plan paid entirely by DHA, participation in the 457 Deferred Compensation plan and the ROTH IRA is optional.
- Performance based merit increases and annual adjustment are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Four (4) year degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in leadership functions of communications, public relations, digital communications, social media, and/or community relations required.
- Knowledge of municipal, state, and federal governmental agencies, with emphasis on their relationship with public housing.
- Knowledge of community-based non-profit and public interest organizations.
- Skill in evaluation of complex problems and determining the strategy and resources for solution.
- Ability to prepare written reports, plan, design, and implement programs.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate with individuals and groups.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, such as spreadsheets, word processing, database management, etc.
- Knowledge of financing, including but not limited to available state, federal and local funding vehicles.
- Demonstrated skill and success in grant writing and knowledge of funding sources.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with employees, the public and other agencies.
- Valid Colorado driver license is required. Maintains driving record in accordance with the Personnel Policy.
- A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement.
Salary Range $83,384.76-$125,076.53/yr.
DHA is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment will remain open until filled.
How to Apply
You may apply for this position in one of the following ways:
by faxing your application and/or resume to (720) 932-3005 or
by emailing your application and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form as well as more information about DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.