About Jeremiah Program
Jeremiah Program offers one of the nation’s most successful strategies for disrupting the cycle of poverty for single mothers and their children, two generations at a time. Two-generation — or 2Gen — programs uniquely focus on the whole family and achieve long-term, sustainable results. The approach has been proven to achieve significant educational, health, and economic benefits for parents, children, and communities.
Jeremiah Program is expanding throughout the country to meet the growing demand for its model. The organization currently has locations in Minneapolis, MN, St. Paul, MN, Austin, TX, and Fargo, ND, Rochester-SE, MN, Boston, MA, and Brooklyn, NY, and our national office is in Minneapolis. We will be expanding to additional geographies over the next several years.
The primary responsibilities of this position include strategic oversight and providing the day-to-day leadership of Jeremiah Program’s housing program; supervising and directing the work of outsourced property managers, housing specialists, and maintenance technicians; following all housing program regulations and laws dependent on the type of subsidy with the property; overseeing housing enrollment issues; managing waiting lists for properties; coordinating property inspections, and managing property budgets.
Supporting Responsibilities: Source and supports external relationships with public and private housing resources in support of off-campus and graduate families transitioning off-campus. Serve as internal and external parent program expert with regard to housing-related issues in assigned communities.
- Provide overall strategic leadership on guiding and managing housing support services.
- Coordinate with Executive Directors, Family Services Directors, CST Team Mom, and property managers to ensure effective decision-making, and communications on housing support.
- Oversee the housing application and decision process in services of supporting on-campus JP moms in obtaining stable, affordable housing.
- Oversee housing intake process, tracks application status, and coordinates and informs decision making process with all stakeholders.
- Partner with operations managers and property managers to coordinate move-in/move outs at JP campuses, including scheduling leasing and childcare meetings, managing physical moves, conducting building tours, and coordinating welcome gifts.
- Manage all applicant communication, document collection, and tracking to create an efficient, organized, and equitable process that allows all eligible families to apply for JP housing without difficulty or confusion.
- Deliver concrete and digestible information about the JP housing application process to families during the application period, so families can apply to JP housing without difficulty or confusion.
- Manage the waitlist with complete fidelity to ensure that JP families have an equitable opportunity to receive JP Housing.
- Plan, modify, and oversee implementation of housing policies and procedures, in response to the identified and evolving needs of participants in JP.
- Research and make available a repository of information on current public and private housing resources for JP moms.
- Partner with county offices and property management compliance officers to support the navigation of bureaucracy and to get JP moms the information (forms, verification) needed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with outside agencies to provide affordable housing expertise and strategy guidance; help translate vision into quality affordable housing.
- Other duties as needed to ensure Jeremiah Program continues to produce high quality, cost-effective affordable, and supportive housing.
Property Management, Real Estate and Operations Oversight
- Manage property budgets, monitoring and reviewing cost categories, and recommending cost reduction strategies as appropriate.
- Manage capital purchase plans and repair and maintenance plans.
- Ensure that property managers are conducting quarterly preventative maintenance and inspections.
- Maintain occupancy and pipeline data for each campus, including child development centers, and informs stakeholders on a timely basis.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop action plans to get to full occupancy.
- Regularly assesses and monitors property manager’s performance.
- Assist with real-estate matters at other JP office lease locations.
- Provide support for future real-estate opportunities as determined by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Leadership experience within affordable or supportive housing management including either property management or supportive services.
- Experience in government funding compliance related to delivery of affordable housing programs and services.
- Knowledge and understanding of community housing support resources and systems.
- Budget management and direct supervision experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak to the public and represent the organization appropriately.
- Ability to multi-task, be detailed oriented, independently make significant decisions, and be a self-starter.
- Ability to work effectively with and relate to diverse populations.
- You are open to travel up to 2 times every other month or about 6-8 trips per year.
HOW TO APPLY
Jeremiah Program is committed to the recruitment, selection, development, and promotion of employees based on individual merit. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, age, or disability.
We offer competitive compensation including employer-paid health and dental, life and disability insurance, and generous time off.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a current resume and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com articulating your interest and fit for the role, including compensation requirements.