The Housing Authority of Baltimore City (HABC) has the responsibility to safeguard the health of all employees and their families, our customers and visitors, our residents, and the community at large. With this, all new employees are required to receive at least one COVID-19 vaccination shot in a two-shot series or be fully vaccinated prior to the date of hire. Further, proof of vaccination is required prior to the date of hire. All new employees are required to be fully vaccinated within 30 days of the date of hire.
This position is part of the Housing Authority of Baltimore City's (HABC) Grants and Resource Development team. The incumbent performs responsible work engaged in the development of resources for Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher residents for the HABC Office of Resident Services (ORS). Primary responsibilities include grant and proposal writing to state, local, and federal funders and budget preparation.
- Coordination of fundraising activities for the HABC non-profit subsidiary, Resident Services, Incorporated, development of partnerships, networking, and collaborations with public and private agencies to further the mission of HABC and support the strategic plan of the ORS.
- Evaluate market conditions to determine the appropriateness of funding sources, the needs of the residents, and the department's ability to meet grant deliverables.
- Responsibilities include the formulation of goals and objectives based on funding guidelines and RFP requirements.
- Monitor program and fiscal grant compliance and grant deliverables.
- Compile data for timely submission of required monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets, grant budgets, and narratives.
- Assist in the promotion of the ORS to build relationships that result in favorable outcomes for the residents and the ORS.
- Maintain the integrity of ORS through supportive partnerships and networking with potential funders and the general public.
- All activities must support HABC's 4 C's mission, strategic goals, and objectives.
Minimum Education, Training, and or Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Public or Business administration, English, or Human Services. Master's Degree preferred.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in grant writing, fundraising, and resource development.
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize responsibilities.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings including presentations and training as needed.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities may be considered sufficient.
- A writing sample will be required.
- Familiarity with Office 365 preferred.
- Must have possession of a valid driver's license and reliable transportation that includes the full-time use of an automobile.
- Evening and/or weekend work may be required.
- Must be covered under the Housing Authority of Baltimore City's fidelity bond.
- Must be able to be covered under the Housing Authority of Baltimore City vehicle insurance policy.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of automated office equipment including computers, tablets, calculators, and so forth.
- Must be able to work, move or carry objects or materials such as files, computer print outs and so forth.