SALARY: $20.60 - $23.97 Hourly
CLOSING DATE: 09/14/21 04:30 PM
The King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is a national leader in providing innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest landlord in the county, and annually, the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals.
We transform lives through housing.
We are currently recruiting for a conscientious and dedicated Landscaper/Cleaner for our Juanita Court portfolio based in Kirkland, WA. The individual selected for this role will be responsible for performing manual work cleaning and maintaining residential facilities and grounds. The work involves a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks such as cutting grass, general landscaping and cleaning vacant units and common areas. Additionally, the Landscaper/Cleaner will be responsible for gutter and roof cleaning and pressure washing. The Landscaper/Cleaner will also learn and assist in a variety of semi-skilled tasks involved with general maintenance of housing units.
The ideal candidate will have experience performing manual labor including cleaning and will have some knowledge of landscaping, as well as a desire to support the important work of King County Housing Authority. This position is represented by the Seattle King County Building Trades Council.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience in general landscaping and/or residential/commercial cleaning.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be substituted on a year for year basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance methods, procedures and tools.
- Knowledge and ability to safely operate vehicles, tools and power equipment related to grounds maintenance including appropriate use and care of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors, co-workers, and customers.
- Good listening skills including the ability to follow semi-complex instructions.
- Ability to read and write in the English language, as well as understand and interpret Chemical Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to perform continual manual labor (bending, stooping, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, lifting, walking, holding hands above head, repetitive and vigorous use of appendages).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to build constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Ability to maintain composure and adapt to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet.
- Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in order to travel regularly between work sites.
- Consent to and pass a Physical Abilities Test.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary for this position is $20.60 per hour. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in both indoor and outdoor environments with exposure to dirt and dust, noise, fumes and odors, darkness or poor lighting in performing maintenance work. Work requires considerable physical exertion in completing tasks and requires bending, lifting, kneeling, climbing as well as working on ladders and tight spaces. Incumbent(s) frequently use power and hand tools and machinery including chain saw, work may occasionally expose incumbent to electrical, chemical and mechanical hazards natural to maintenance work performed.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.