SALARY: $69,802.38 - $81,581.53 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 12/02/21 04:30 PM
This position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration applications should be received by December 2, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
The King County Housing Authority is searching for a new Property Manager (PM) for our Valli Kee portfolio in Kent, Washington.
The new PM will perform administrative and supervisory work managing the operations and maintenance at their respective portfolio. The manager will ensure that the property is operated in an efficient, cost effective manner while providing high quality, well maintained housing for the residents. Responsibilities will include supervision of the maintenance staff. The team will be managed to ensure that all daily work orders, vacates, emergencies, and preventative maintenance are performed and that lease agreements and resident issues are handled in a timely and effective manner.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. To learn more about KCHA and our Mission visit this link.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Associate's Degree AND
- Three years of relevant work experience in public housing and/or housing property management OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to supervise staff including coaching, mentoring, and providing strong leadership in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to develop effective working relationships; works cooperatively, exchanges ideas, and addresses issues in a constructive, collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and maintain records (manual and electronic) and reports with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
- Analyzes problems, identifies alternative solutions and consequences of proposed actions, articulates possibilities, and implements recommendations to support goals; demonstrates critical, creative, and reflective thinking.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, ensuring accuracy, multi-tasking, and handling interruptions appropriately; ensures assignments are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicates effectively and collaboratively with individuals and internal and external organizations; applies effective written and oral communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Values and contributes to a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity, equity and inclusion; treats others with respect; promotes cooperation.
- Consent to and pass required assessments.
- Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to travel between work sites as required.
- Must have an acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary range of this position is $69,802.38 - $81,581.53 annually. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, reduced tuition, and retirement benefits are also available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily at the portfolio sites, where incumbents are required to walk the properties, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, enter units in various conditions, and work in inclement weather or emergency situations. The incumbent frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment and may drive a vehicle on Authority business.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.