SALARY: $25.15 - $28.92 Hourly
CLOSING DATE: 10/28/21 04:30 PM
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization, is a high-performing, nationally recognized leader in affordable housing and in providing innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest housing provider in the County, and annually the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals.
We transform lives through housing.
We are currently recruiting for a talented and experienced Senior Accounting Technician to join the team in Tukwila, Washington. As a critical component in achieving the mission of the Authority, our Accounting Department is committed to working collaboratively across the agency to ensure that timely and accurate financial data is available whenever needed to support all housing programs and opportunities.
The Senior Accounting Technician is an important member of the finance team and is responsible for a variety of accounting functions including accounts payable processing, purchase order training and other various accounting duties under the direction of the Accounting Manager. Knowledge and experience in accounts payable and accounting will be important as this individual will be responsible for:
- Purchase Order Processing
- Train staff on purchase order process
- Follow up on purchase order questions and issues, workflow issues, invoices missing purchase orders and escalations
- Assist accounts payable staff with entering and processing invoices for weekly check runs
- Assist with scanning and indexing invoices with purchase orders
- Review vendor statements, research past due invoices, and follow up with vendor and staff as needed
- General Accounting
- Analyze utility data for the energy performance contract and operating fund subsidy
- Other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
Experience & Education
- Associate's Degree AND
- Three years of related professional experience OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Accounts payable experience is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to place a high priority on professional excellence.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining records (manual and electronic) and performing data entry with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Clearly and effectively communicates both verbally and in writing by actively listening and sharing relevant information.
- Proficiency using MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, database software, and other analytical software programs.
- Perform data entry with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret and apply state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Exercises independent judgment using analysis, experience, and perspective in solving problems or communicating decisions or actions.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A collaborative team member with ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Consent to and pass credit and criminal records background check.
- Position will require occasional travel off-site for KCHA business needs.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The salary range of this position is $25.15- $32.69 per hour (dependent upon qualifications).
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with travel between work sites. The incumbent frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment and may drive a vehicle on Authority business
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Senior Accounting Technician | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)