SALARY: $87,501.08 - $117,032.70 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 08/12/21 04:30 PM
KCHA is currently recruiting for a talented Senior Applications Developer to join the Information Technology department located in Tukwila, Washington.
The Senior Applications Developer will be responsible for technical and managerial work providing expertise and leadership to build and support solutions to support KCHA’s business strategy. This work is conducted by leading the software infrastructure architecture and creating and maintaining the applications roadmap for the organization; designing, developing and implementing appropriate solutions; overseeing file discovery to build and support solutions with primary functions including assigning responsibilities to Applications Developer and Applications Development Specialist.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Workflow development;
- Working with consultants and vendors to deliver business value and user adoption of technologies in business processes;
- Performing quality assurance testing, migrating changes to controlled production environment, and developing necessary documentation; and
- Providing second and third level technical support for business application servers, administration and maintenance, as well as providing second level support and administration/installation of updates to the server in the absence of the Senior Applications Development Manager and Application Development Specialist.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is the largest provider of affordable housing in the Pacific Northwest and a nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. To learn more about KCHA and our Mission visit this link.
- Directs operations, supervises and assigns tasks/projects to team, writes performance evaluations, conducts applicant interviews, evaluates prospective employees, hires and terminates employees, creates work assignments for supervised employees and ensures team is meeting department strategic objectives, and assigns appropriate resources to team projects. Mentors team leads by providing guidance and support, promoting mentee personal and career development. Acts on behalf of Senior Applications Development Manager in division manager’s absence.
- Perform direct project intervention/turnaround activities for key initiatives. Develops new document management and imaging workflow solutions to meet business needs using Developer Studio, Case Management, Workflow, Electronic Forms, Application Integration, API, OCR and Records Retention Modules.
- Demonstrate advanced analytical and abstract skills in designing and developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and multifaceted business issues and leading the team in evaluating and choosing optimum solutions. Provide effective, verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of explaining technical information while leading discussions with team, system users, and vendors.
- Provide leadership in requirements gathering, design, development, and deployment of solutions. Work with business partners to capture business requirements and build functional specifications including, but not limited to, interface changes and process flows. Partner with department stakeholders to identify new opportunities; work with departmental subject matter experts to understand and document business processes. Conduct and document business discovery sessions with stakeholders to determine functional requirements for the implementation of the solution.
- Work with business users and lead the development team in delivering business value and user adoption of technologies. Lead team and end users in analyzing problems to define / develop new solutions related to document management, content workflow, and content intake.
- Facilitate and manage process redesign sessions and create operations, system, and project documentation. Manage multiple projects as needed, including strategy, project plan development, assigning project team tasks, deliverables, testing, and implementation.
- Work closely with IT management and other functional groups to design, develop, deploy, support, and administer technologies and linkage with other line of business applications. Partner with the business to understand new opportunities; create functional and technical specifications, implement and manage changes for solutions. Provide education regarding the business value of key architecture concepts.
- Provide daily production support of implementations and users. Triage, troubleshoot, and resolve software and infrastructure issues. Perform application support (Tier 2 and 3) to implementation through managing system configuration, operations, incidents, and issue resolution.
- Install, upgrade, customize, and maintain systems. Plan for and test software updates, defects, and configuration changes. Support planning, quality assurance, and user testing of software updates and system changes. Design and implement a database maintenance plan in accordance with vendor software and database software vendor recommendations. Create and verify redundant storage copies. Monitor database activity to identify periods of peak activity. Create and maintain a testing/training environment that mirrors the production environment.
- Develop migration strategies to ensure integrity of records and related metadata over the required lifetime of the records as information systems are upgraded or replaced. Analyze audit reports for anomalies and compliance issues. Verify the successful destruction of data files that have reached the end of their retention cycle. Create data storage objects (disk groups) that meet a business unit's access and retention needs. Develop user group and security settings that satisfy the needs of KCHA’s software solution.
- Interact with the Senior Applications Development Manager to ensure all technical requirements are addressed and offer technological solutions where applicable. Collaborate closely with Information Security and Network resources to lead architecture and design of supportable and robust implementations. Work effectively with other members of the organization’s IT staff to troubleshoot and diagnose issues associated with components of the overall solution.
- Provide second level (Tier 2-3) support for database management functions. Create and/or modify SQL scripts. Import/Export databases from production to development environments. Monitor servers for job alerts and take corrective actions as necessary. Perform software patching and keep systems in compliance with applicable standards. Develop maintenance plans for transaction log and database backups, integrity checking, and index rebuilding. Monitor performance and manage parameters to optimize server response times.
- Develops, modifies, corrects and formats GUI screens. Writes automation macros, pushes updates to users across the network, and installs software updates. Provides second level (Tier 2-3) support for programming errors, preforms data edits and updates, installs software updates and programming modifications.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's Degree AND
- Four years of experience working with design, development, administration, implementation, process improvement, database administration, writing SQL queries, applications analysis, design and development OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Supervisory experience and effective supervisory skills to include coaching and mentoring to support employees in achieving Authority and individual goals.
- Knowledge of applications development principles, techniques and procedures for business and technical systems, including systems analysis and design principles and systems development methodologies to ensure efficient systems operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of database design concepts, standard programming languages and utilities similar to those used by the Authority.
- Standard software development tools and utilities; SQL queries; principles, methods and techniques in the design and operation of information systems for standard computer platforms and peripherals.
- Values open-mindedness, inclusion, multicultural perspective and multiple ways of knowing, thinking, and being; helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity; values organizational diversity; treats others with respect; promotes cooperation.
- Applies effective written and verbal communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages to internal and external stakeholders; communicates clearly and effectively via multiple methods.
- Prepares clear and concise program documentation, user procedures, and reports for work performed.
- Utilizes excellent time management and problem solving techniques co complete project responsibilities and programming assignments efficiently and in accordance with Authority quality standards.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to develop effective working relationships; works cooperatively, exchanges ideas, and addresses issues in a constructive, collaborative manner.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, using analysis, experience, and perspective in solving problems or communicating decisions or actions.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to travel regularly between work sites. Must have an acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses your interest in the position and how your experience and education qualify you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $87,501.08 - $117,032.70 annually. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are also available.
Physical Work Environment
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Incumbents frequently use standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.