SALARY: $76,087.90 - $88,927.73 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 09/14/21 04:30 PM
King County Housing Authority is currently recruiting for a Senior Property Manager at our Ballinger Homes portfolio in Shoreline, Washington.
KCHA is looking for a self-starting leader to continue to manage, motivate and build teamwork within the Ballinger Homes portfolio. The individual selected for this position will ensure that the associated property is operated in an efficient, cost effective manner while providing high quality, well maintained housing for residents and/or tenants.
Responsibilities will include directing and supervising staff, sometimes through an Assistant Manager, to include Property Specialists and maintenance staff. The teams will be managed to ensure that all daily work orders, vacates, emergencies, and preventative maintenance are performed and that lease agreements.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is the largest provider of affordable housing in the Pacific Northwest and a nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. To learn more about KCHA and our Mission visit this link.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Associate's Degree AND
- Three years of relevant work experience in affordable housing and/or property management OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of complex affordable housing programs including HUD rental assistance and/or other applicable regulated housing programs and Authority policies and procedures; tax credit experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and maintain records (manual and electronic) and reports with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, ensuring accuracy, multi-tasking, and handling interruptions appropriately; ensures assignments are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicates effectively and collaboratively with individuals, and internal and external organizations; applies effective written and oral communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages; ability to present policy and changes in front of a group.
- Ability to manage a large staff, and supervise staff remotely where they aren't in the same office.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to develop effective working relationships; works cooperatively, exchanges ideas, and addresses issues in a constructive, collaborative manner.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
- Analyzes problems, identifies alternative solutions and consequences of proposed actions, articulates possibilities, and implements recommendations to support goals; demonstrates critical, creative, and reflective thinking.
- Utilizes excellent time management and problem solving techniques, and use of professional judgment in complex situations; demonstrates strong project management skills.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to travel between work sites as required. Must have an acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $76,087.90 - $88,927.73 annually. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are also available.
Physical Work Environment
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment with regular travel to assigned properties. The incumbent frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment and will drive a vehicle for King County Housing Authority business.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.