SALARY:$28.19 - $31.20 Hourly
CLOSING DATE: 09/23/21 04:30 PM
The King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is a national leader in providing innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest landlord in the county, and annually, the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals.
We transform lives through housing.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and skilled maintenance professional to maintain, service and repair the housing units for our Valli Kee portfolio in Kent.
KCHA has a reputation for excellence in affordable housing and the successful candidate will ensure that the portfolio is kept in outstanding condition through regular preventative maintenance as well as general grounds maintenance. Another meaningful aspect of this role is the need for excellent customer service in working with a richly diverse group of tenants.
The individual selected for this role will be relied on for broad knowledge and experience in the field of maintenance. The housing in this portfolio will require regular maintenance to include the upkeep and cleaning of the buildings and public areas, as well as any required maintenance for the residential units, appliances, and associated equipment.
As a fully occupied portfolio, the Site-Based Maintenance Mechanic will perform duties as needed including painting, carpentry, minor plumbing and electrical work, grounds maintenance and custodial cleaning. Occasionally there will be a need to respond to over-time emergency calls. This position is represented by the Seattle King County Building Trades Council.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience in the maintenance of residential buildings.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be substituted on a year for year basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Work requires knowledge of:
- Building methods, materials, tools and equipment.
- Interior and exterior painting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical or mechanical trades.
- Maintaining landscaping and cleaning.
- Building systems (HVAC, Boilers, Sprinklers, etc.).
Work requires the ability to:
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical/natural gas, appliances, plumbing problems and determine most cost effective method for repair.
- Be a self-starter and work independently or in a group.
- Maintain and service assigned equipment, including generators, weed eaters, mowers, and edgers.
- Be knowledgeable regarding the permitting and inspection process for large projects.
- Be able to plan and work on small projects.
- Work in tight, confined areas or on roofs.
- Read and interpret diagrams, schematics, blueprints, drawings specifications and manuals.
- Maintain effective customer relations with tenants and their family members.
- Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in order to travel regularly between work sites.
- Consent to and pass a Physical Abilities Test and required assessments.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity an applicant should:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in both indoor and outdoor environments with exposure to dirt and dust, noise, fumes and odors, in darkness or in areas with poor lighting.
- Incumbent(s) frequently use power and hand tools and machinery.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.