This is a new position pending Board approval.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic organization focused on increasing affordable housing while reducing homelessness? Washington County Department of Housing Services is looking for a Contract Administrator who can model equitable and inclusive leadership in advancing the Department's implementation and ongoing contracting needs for the Supportive Housing Services Measure.
Under the direction of the Supportive Housing Services Manager, the Contract Administrator will be responsible of the following:
Prepare, develop, and monitor contracts for services and supplies; prepare and develop requests for contracts and amendments; compile data to prepare proposals and reports.
Maintain, research, and ensure accuracy of information in databases; ensure contract payments are in compliance with scope and schedule.
Schedule and conduct public hearings; interview and negotiate with provider representatives.
Provide assistance to programs in the development of work statements, payment terms, insurance levels, measurable program outcomes, and appropriately written special conditions, clauses and provisions.
Assist in the development of budgets, goals, objectives, and activities for evaluation of assigned contracts.
Analyze and review federal, state, and local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in order to ensure compliance.
In addition to the above duties, the senior level will: perform the most complex and specialized contract assignments; act as a representative for committees, work groups and other stakeholders to ensure contract compliance; research and analyze specialized contract areas; provide and implement recommendations; assist in the development of departmental and/or countywide policies; provide lead direction of work activities; prioritize and coordinate work assignments; review work for accuracy and content; evaluate projects, activities, and processes; monitor work performed to meet agreed upon goals and objectives. Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is a key role in the Supportive Housing Services Measure implementation. The ideal candidate will have experience in creating Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and other bid proposals and monitoring a portfolio of contracts related to supportive housing services providers who are performing a range of homeless services. The candidate will also have experience in monitoring performance of providers, reviewing documentation and ensuring providers are meeting contract
outcomes and goals.
To learn more about the Department, please visit: https://www.co.washington.or.us/Housing
Washington County values a culture of equity, diverse perspectives, and life experiences. Our organization embraces innovation, collaboration and work-life harmony. We offer job stability, a comprehensive benefits package, and an opportunity to serve and support our diverse community. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Duties may include:
1. Performs a variety of professional management assignments including analysis of budgetary, administrative, and operational activities; assists in providing interdepartmental coordination on projects and programs.
2. Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of department or division budgets; prepares support documentation; explains budget guidelines for/to department or division managers and supervisors; reviews and evaluates requests to ensure compliance with
3. Reviews office and accounting procedures, recommends changes in fiscal management procedures, and assists in their implementation.
4. Assembles data and prepares regular and special reports pertaining to the work of the department.
5. Assists in creating a positive and supportive work environment; enforces a safe workplace; establishes a culture of teamwork and communication; creates a workplace that promotes the organizational values of workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion; and actively promotes an environment respectful of living and working in a multicultural society.
6. Gathers and analyzes information on administrative systems and operating procedures and practices; and prepares recommendations for proposed changes including estimated fiscal and organizational impact.
7. Assists with research, surveys, studies, and investigations; and prepares recommendations for proposed changes including estimated fiscal and organization impact.
8. Assists in reconciling year-end fund balance reports and forecasting multiyear revenues and expenditures at the project and program level.
9. Researches and answers financial and budget inquiries submitted by staff, management, citizens, other municipalities, and the Board.
10. Receives and reviews County contracts for proper documentation to ensure compliance with all County legal requirements and standards and transmits contracts for required County approvals and execution.
11. Represents the department or organization at meetings with other County departments, external agencies/jurisdictions, and/or the public, as assigned.
Supportive Housing Contract Administrator is the working title for this specific position and the classification title is Management Analyst I. Washington County organizes its positions into classifications. Classification descriptions are typically written broadly. To review this classification, please follow this link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cowashingtonor/classspecs/104778?keywords=management%20analyst&pagetype=classSpecifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education and Experience:
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in public or business administration, finance, economics, statistics, accounting or a related field that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities; OR
Possession of an Associate's Degree in public or business administration, finance, economics, statistics, accounting or a related field that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities; AND two (2) years of responsible professional work experience in administrative, operations, budgetary, financial, or similar analysis; OR
Four (4) years of responsible work experience in administrative, operations, budgetary, and similar analyses.
Please be clear and specific in the applicable sections of the employment application about how your background is relevant. This information must also be consistent with your supplemental question responses if applicable. Please note: Answers to the supplemental questions are typically evaluated separately from your application.
This position requires the successful completion of a background investigation.
Department of Motor Vehicle Records (DMV) Requirement:
Driving a motorized vehicle is an essential function of this position. Successful applicants must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record. To review the Driver's License and Record Policy for Washington County and instructions for submitting appropriate DMV documentation, please use this link: https://www.co.washington.or.us/Support_Services/administrative-policies.cfm.
Washington County is committed to using a Merit Based System in which recruiting, selecting, and advancing employees is based on their relative knowledge, skills, and abilities.
1. An evaluation of training and experience will be performed by Human Resources. Review of applications will occur the week of February 16, 2021.
2. A Subject Matter Expert (SME) Panel will perform an in-depth evaluation of experience and training taken from your employment application materials to include responses to supplemental questionnaire. This process will begin after February 22, 2021 and may take about 2 weeks.
3. Our goal is to schedule oral panel interviews with candidates that successfully passed the SME evaluation step as soon as possible.
Please note: candidates that are successful in the evaluation process may have their applications referred for additional vacancies in the same classification, or job family.
If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a Veterans' preference for this recruitment, please review instructions using this link: https://www.co.washington.or.us/Support_Services/HR/Employment/upload/Veterans-Preference-Documentation-07-30-2019.pdf.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act:
Reasonable accommodation is available to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing this application or participating in the selection process for this recruitment. To obtain confidential assistance please contact Human Resources 503-846-8606, or e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before any step in the recruitment and selection process for which you feel you need accommodation.
Status of Your Application:
You will be advised by e-mail of your status at each step in the application process, from initial application to final employment disposition. Please note that Washington County communicates with all candidates via e-mail. If you "opt out" or "unsubscribe" of e-mail notification from notices in NEOGOV it will impact our ability to communicate with you about job postings.
Questions (?) Regarding This Recruitment Yeji Seo, Talent Acquisition Business Partner: Yeji_Seo@co.washington.or.us
*Washington County is a drug-free workplace*
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT BY 11:59 PM ON APPLICATION DEADLINE:
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
Washington County Public Services Building
155 N First Avenue Ste. 270
Hillsboro, OR 97124
SUPPORTIVE HOUSING CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR