CLOSING DATE: 07/01/21 04:30 PM
The King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is a national leader in providing innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest landlord in the county, and annually, the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals.
We transform lives through housing.
King County Housing Authority is currently recruiting for a full time Sustainability Program Coordinator in the Resource Conservation Department. The main function of this position is to provide program management support for multiple initiatives in the Sustainability Action Plan. This position will be responsible for promoting, managing and implementing sustainability programs throughout KCHA.
Key responsibilities include:
- Promotes, manages, and implements sustainability programs throughout KCHA.
- Assists in the development and delivery of training to residents and staff on resource conservation practices.
- Facilitates the communications for the sustainability program.
- Supports environmental justice practices and is able to prioritize programs to ensure equitable coverage.
- Researches and gathers requested information to prepare reports; researches and analyzes policies and procedures as they relate to resource conservation.
- Works directly with utilities, partners, municipalities and others, as needed, to advance sustainability goals.
- Supports department's data management and analysis efforts and identify additional resources to support conservation initiatives.
- Recommends ways to improve the effectiveness of sustainability work.
- Visits KCHA properties to get to know staff and building/property characteristics.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Associate's Degree AND
- Three years of relevant work experience that may include sustainability, resource conservation, or a closely related field OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with community building, social marketing, or other effective methods for reaching people and changing behavior.
- Experience working with diverse communities and listening to their needs and challenges regarding environmental issues or programs.
- Experience designing and managing projects of an environmental nature in areas such as energy and water reduction, renewable energy, chemical reduction, recycling or composting, climate change mitigation.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to interpret data and make conclusions; will question and search for answers; evaluates ideas and information and develops ideas that lead to action.
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team and work independently with general direction and minimal supervision exhibiting a strong work ethic and accountability in completing work.
- Clearly and effectively communicates both verbally and in writing by actively listening and sharing relevant information.
- Demonstrated experience using data to support programs and initiatives.
- Effectively organizes multiple assignments, sometimes of a complex nature or involving competing priorities, to produce work products that are accurate, thorough and on time.
- Proficiency with MS Office to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Works effectively and efficiently to provide quality service to satisfy service expectations; seeks ways to improve service delivery; demonstrates strong project management skills.
- Consent to and pass required assessments.
- Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license or have access to reliable transportation to visit KCHA sites as needed.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The salary range of this position is $27.66 - $32.33 per hour. Performance based merit increase opportunities and COLAs are reviewed on an annual basis. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are also available.
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work will involve collecting data and information at KCHA multifamily properties and then entering this data at the KCHA office in Tukwila. Incumbents frequently use standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment and may drive a vehicle on Authority business.